2020-02-05, 10:00–13:00, B.4.039
Pulp imports, organizes, and hosts various types of software including RPMs, Ansible Roles/Collections, Docker Containers, and many more https://pulpproject.org/pulp-3-plugins/. Pulp is plugin based, with each plugin adding support for specific content types.
Learn how to write a plugin, or add a new feature to an existing one. Together we will learn:
- The anatomy of a plugin
- The plugin_template to bootstrap your plugin
- Installing your plugin using the existing Ansible installer for Pulp
- Syncing content from remote sources
- Publishing content using Pulp locally or with S3
- Generating client library based on OpenAPI schema
Development commonly happens using a tool called Pulplift. To easily participate, install it’s requirements before arriving: https://github.com/pulp/pulplift#requirements Basic Python experience is recommended.
Please come in at any time. We will have multiple Pulp developers in the room to help everyone.